Sunday, February 12, 2012

21st Birthday!

First of all, HAPPY 21st MYSELF!

Alamak, long hair sia. XD

So yesterday was my 21st birthday, which I spent in a rather weird way haha! Woke up early morning at 6am to accompany my brother for his blood transfusion at SGH. It took a reaaaally long time and I was becoming rather worried that I'd be late for a meet up at Bugis to sell away my Belarus dress. But I made it just in time and even managed to exchange coscards with the buyer! (>w<)b

Then we headed on to Boo's house where we were just chilling waiting for Shang and the pizza we ordered to arrive. Saw how it was like to play Rise of Nightmare on the Kinect and I'd have to say that not being able to play it with the lights off is a bit of a killjoy. Apparently, it'd get too dark to be able to detect the player. (=A=;)

And when Shang finally arrived, she handed to me a pink BABY ALPACASSO for my birthday present. She caught it at 'Omocha!!' and while I do intend to review that place as well, I'll wait till I'm a wee bit more famous (LOL) because that shop deserves better publicity than what I can give now. And I already had a white alpacasso but you can never have enough of cute stuffed toys, trust me. AND THIS ONE HAD EYELASHES.

They stare straight into your soul I swear. <3

And she caught TWO of them. TWO. Holy zen, I'm so incredibly envious of her skills. m(_ _)m It took me $23 just to catch ONE (Granted, she spent $27 initially but her second alpacasso was obtained with $3!).

Then ensued much camwhoring! Funny when I attempted to camwhore on my own at the hospital, I got bored incredibly quick. I think I'm more of a camorgy person (LOL NEW WORD). I find it more fun to camwhore with others. 8D

First camwhore of the day!






Shang forced into camwhoring with me. (Can't say that she didn't enjoy it herself! XD)


Can you tell how happy I am with my Alpacarette? (>//<)

REVIEW: DECODERS' CAFE @ CLEMENTI
(This is an honest, unpaid review based on my experience there. I was not hired by Decoders' Cafe or any other party for this review so to note. Thank you!)


PRICE: 1.5/5

Later on, we headed on to a boardgame cafe at Clementi called Decoders' Cafe. It was everyone's first experience there and I have to say though it was fun, it was FRIGGIN' PRICEY. We were a party of six and an hour for a table was charged at $18! That's triple of what it costs during weekdays! Not to mention that the drinks were priced around $5 (fizzy drinks were $2.50 but I just had a bottle of root beer prior to that s0 I wasn't in the mood) and you can't order iced water. ... That made me sound cheap but let me just explain myself: after eating a chocolate birthday cake, nothing would taste better than iced water. And we couldn't have one because they're only for people dining in. Phooey.

And I was half-expecting that they wouldn't let us have the birthday cake that we brought along since they had a sign prohibiting outside food and drinks but they did! That's a plus at least. And coincidentally, someone else was having their birthday there as well so they played the happy birthday song twice LOL.

GAMES: 3.5/5

They had quite a selection of games and if it wasn't for the male cafe assistant, we'd be stuck choosing for a long time! The female assistant there might have been new at work; when asked for recommendations and instructions on how to play a certain game, she gave us a "I don't know." A better way she could have handled it was to ask another colleague I would suppose. In the end, we played a total of two games: Betrayal at House on the Hill and Shadow Hunters.



Top: Betrayal at House on the Hill; Bottom: Shadow Hunters

Both games were not your typical no-brainer games. There actually had to be some sort of strategy and it really made me realised what a long way board games had went from the oldschool monopoly and scrabble. Rest assured, if you need help, a cafe assistant will sit in with you and explain the game as you go along. They do have other games for the more casual players such as Jenga though.

SETTING: 2.5/5

When they say 'cafe', I didn't thought it to be so literal! The place really did look like one. I always had the impression that board game cafes were supposed to have a more relaxed feel with couches and bean bags. This resembled a bit more of a family restaurant.

CONCLUSION

An acceptable place to hang out with your friends during weekdays if you live in Clementi and don't intend to travel far for a night of fun. They're opened all the way till 2am. Not advisable for a weekend/public holiday trip down unless you have extra money to burn. :X

Rating: 5/10

My very first place review! :D Anything else that I should have added? Tell me in the chatbox on the right!

No comments:

Post a Comment