Thursday, July 19, 2012

Aerosols Do Not Mix Well With Gas Stoves.

Dear diary, today my kitchen exploded.

... Well, to be more precise: My dad was spraying insecticide at a cockroach that was near the stove and apparently, the stove's switch was not turned off. What followed was a a loud BOOM accompanied by my windows rattling.

(My brother was *not* helpful. We were in my room when it happened and the first thing he said was, "DID SOMEONE JUST JUMPED OFF OUR FLAT AND KNOCKED INTO YOUR WINDOW SILL.". Honestly, I don't know which is worse.)

My dad is fine (By fine, I mean the left part of his hair is singed and his eyebrows are scalded. No worries, I rendered the necessary first aid. /nurse-to-the-rescue) and for the rest of the entire day, everyone pretty much stayed clear out of the kitchen.

Including me. Which was quite a pity as I had taken to baking lately. D:


Left: Chocolate chip cookies Right: Red velvet mini cupcakes with cream cheese rose frosting (WHAT A MOUTHFUL LOL.)

I have the time to bake but not to make props. Clearly my priorities are not sorted out. *guilty face*

No comments:

Post a Comment